Testing is a method for examining different parameters. Textile testing is some kind of testing method that is used to control the quality of textiles. Final Garments come from different textile processes. Every textile processing needs quality of processing goods. As a result, testing is essential for every stage of textile processing. These Types of textile testing help us to control parameters.
Here textile testing is two types normally for factory-level use. These two types of textile testing are stated below:
- Physical test methods.
- Chemical test methods.
List of physical tests methods:
This is a physical parameter checking method. So that, we can check a physical condition by this method.
- Dimensional stability to washing/dry cleaning
- Appearance after wash/dry cleaning
- Print/Motif Durability
- .Colorfastness to washing/dry cleaning
- Tensile Strength
- Colorfastness to rubbing/Crocking
- Tear strength
- Colorfastness water
- Tear strength
- Seam strength
- Seam slippage
- Bursting strength
- Pilling Resistance (ICI Box/Martindale)
- Abrasion Resistance
- Colorfastness to perspiration
- Snagging Resistance
- Colorfastness to light (up to Blue wool scale——–)
- Thread per Inch/Stitch Density
- Colorfastness to light and perspiration
- Yarn count
- Color Fastness to saliva
- Yarn twist
- Color Fastness to Chlorinated water/Pool water
- Fabric Weight
- Color Fastness to chlorine/Non-chlorine Bleach
- Yarn strength
- Color Fastness to hot press
- Fiber composition/Garment composition
- Phenolic yellowing
- Stretch and recovery
- If any others: ☐Button pull tensile force
List of chemical tests methods:
- pH Value Nickel spot
- Odor test
- PVC(Polyvinyl Chloride)
- Corrosion resistance
- COC(Chlorinated Organic Carriers)
- DMF (Dimethylformamide)
- DMF (Dimethyl fumarate)
- PAH(Poly Aromatic Hydro Carbon)
- AZO Dyestuff test(Carcinogenic Amines)
Importance of textile testing:
The importance of textile testing cannot be overstated. In order to ensure the quality and safety of textiles, it is essential to conduct regular tests on fabrics and yarns.
- This helps to identify any potential problems with the materials before they are put into use.
- Textile testing can also help to determine the suitability of a particular fabric for a specific application.
- By ensuring that textiles are properly tested, manufacturers can ensure that their products meet the highest standards for quality and safety.
- By performing tests on fabrics, we can identify any defects or problems that may affect the durability or functionality of the textile.
- This allows us to determine whether or not the textile is appropriate for its intended purpose.
- Poorly tested textiles may lead to decreased performance and even safety hazards.
- Properly tested textiles, on the other hand, can provide years of reliable service.
Conclusion for Types of textile testing:
Without testing anything we don’t know anything about the condition of any specimen. So testing is so important that ins the textile industry. Because here we need to control the parameter according to buyer requirements. So types of textile testing are so essential chapter.
You may read some other articles:
- What Is Fabric Performance Test (FPT) With Their Testing Standards Updated 2022
- What Is Color Fastness In Textile? | 16 Types | Methods | Importance
You can find us on:
ANY CONFUSION JUST ASK HERE