Generally, we dye fiber, yarn, or fabric. After that, the dyed and finished fabric is used for making the garments. The dyeing by which garments (Made from grey fabric or bleached fabric) are dyed in the required color and shade is called garments dyeing.
Garment dyeing is a technology where ready-made garments are subjected to the dyeing process. It is almost similar to fabric dyeing. But in fabric dyeing the process is applied before making the garments and in garments dyeing the process is applied after making the garments.
There are different types of garments that are dyed in garments dyeing technology such as jeans item, skirts, socks, shirts, sweaters, pantyhose, etc.
Advantages of garments dyeing over the fabric dyeing:
In the garment industry, garment dyeing is a new technology. The popularity of garments is increasing day by day due to some advantages of dyeing over fabric dyeing. Today, I would like to discuss the advantages of garment dyeing over fabric dyeing.
The advantages of garment dyeing over fabric dyeing are given below-
1. The cost of garment dyeing is comparatively lower the fabric dyeing.
2. In the process of garment dyeing, the possibility of shade variation among components is less than in fabric dyeing.
3. In the garments dyeing needed fewer amounts of dye and chemicals. So here lower liquor ratio is used for the fabric dyeing.
4. Time required for garment dyeing is comparatively less than for fabric dyeing.
5. In the garments dyeing process old garments may be re-dyed. That’s why I like new garments. But in fabric dyeing, it’s not possible.
6. During the consumption of garments 15% extra fabric is calculated. In the case of fabric dyeing, this 15% additional fabric is also dyed. But in the case of garments dyeing, this 15% extra fabric is cut away on the cutting floor in a grey state. Only the actual amount of fabric is dyed here. Therefore, less cost is found in garment dyeing.
7. In the garments dyeing process de-sizing, scouring, bleaching, dyeing, and finishing can be done in the same machine. But in the case of fabric dyeing, these processes are not possible in the same machine.
Difference between Garments Dyeing and Fabric Dyeing
There are a few differences between garment dyeing and fabric dyeing. The differences between garments dyeing and fabric dyeing are given below-
|1.||Definition||In this process, generally readymade garments are subjected to the dyeing process.||In this process, generally grey fabrics are subjected to the dyeing process.|
|2.||Cost||The cost of garments dying is lower.||The cost of fabric dyeing is comparatively higher.|
|3.||Shade variation||In this process possibility of shade, and variation is higher.||In this process possibility of shade variation is lower.|
|Required lower liquor ratio in|
the garments dyeing.
|Required higher liquor ratio in the fabric dyeing.|
|5.||Re-dyeing||There is the possibility of old garments re-dyeing.||There is comparatively less possibility of fabric re-dyeing.|
of machine required
|Desizing, scouring, bleaching, dyeing, and finishing can be done in the same machine.||In fabric dyeing, these processes are not possible in the same machine for woven fabric and knit fabric can be done in one machine.|
|7.||Investment||Required a higher liquor ratio in the fabric dyeing.||The investment cost of fabric dyeing is higher.|
|The dyeing process required less time.||The dyeing process required|
Yes, garments dyeing is suitable and modern dyeing process. But if you want higher color fastness property you have to go to fabric dyeing format.
You may read some other articles:
- What Is The Best Fabric Dye For Polyester? 4 Superlative Dye Review:
- Do You Wash Fabric After Dyeing? Tips and tricks
- Different Knit Fabric GSM, Yarn Count, And Shrinkage Report Chart 100% Practical
- 5 Best Dark Grey Dylon Dye For Vintage look
- What Are The Details Of Dyeing Clothes With Acrylic Paint? Best solution